Fans are hoping that it won’t be long before they hear more about the eventual release of the next Fortnite port.
Recent rumours have suggested that the Nintendo Switch version of the game will be revealed during E3 2018.
Fans are also hoping that something new could be announced very soon about the Fortnite Android release.
So far, Epic Games have only gone as far as to say that the game’s new Mobile port will be released in 2018.
However, this estimation was recently given more substance, with a new hint suggesting that next month could also contain news about Fortnite Mobile on Android.
Epic PR Nick Chester spoke more on the subject recently, telling one Twitter follower that the company is getting ready to make an announcement.
“We are continuing to work on the Android version of the game and will have an update soon,” Chester tweeted.
Chester previously warned fans about a phishing scam involving Fortnite Android invites.
Rumours of an imminent Android release emerged after a number of YouTube personalities claimed to have received invites to join the Fortnite Android beta.
The Android invites said that codes would be sent out within 72-hours, which would have meant a May 8 release date for the Fortnite mobile port.
Unfortunately, however, Chester would tell Twitter followers that the alleged emails were part of a phishing scam.
“The reason I’m coming down on this so hard is that people ARE falling for this scam and are getting their information compromised because of things like this,” he said.
“It’s important people have correct information and are not misled.”
Fans should take care if they receive any Android Fortnite invites, because it’s likely part of a scam.
Back in March, Epic said that Android support will be coming “in the next few months”.
Based on Epic’s comments and the speed in which the studio churns out updates, a June launch – or first announcement – looks like a real possibility.
E3 2018 could be the perfect place to reveal when the company hope to release their new Android and Switch versions.
Judging by the cash generated by Fortnite on iOS, Epic Games will be hoping to launch the Android version as quickly as possible.
It was recently revealed that Fortnite Battle Royale generated a whopping $3.7 million during its first week on iOS.
Despite being invite-only at the time, Fortnite iOS is estimated to have made nearly four times as much cash as Battle Royale rival PUBG Mobile.
The Sensor Tower estimates are based on the cash earned during PUBG Mobile’s first week of monetisation.
Season 4 also helped toward a sharp increase in revenue for Epic Games, with Sensor Tower adding: “Fortnite was sent soaring over the $50 million mark by the debut of the game’s fourth season of content, which sees its battleground bombarded by meteorite fragments—and which resulted in equally out-of-this-world growth of week-over-week revenue.
“Player spending in the game on May 1 grew 293 percent, or a nearly four times increase, versus the preceding Tuesday.
“This rapid quadrupling of revenue resulted from a significant number of players laying out about $10 worth of in-game currency apiece for Fortnite’s season four Battle Pass, which unlocks additional content and other perks for completing specific challenges during the season.”