Fortnite Season 5 is almost here, which means a big new game update is on its way.
The new season of Fortnite Battle Royale begins on Thursday, July 12 at around 11am.
The game will be taken offline at 9am, and will return with a big update, new map changes and a brand new Battle Pass full of rewards and weekly challenges.
Epic Games has released a handful of teasers about the upcoming season, which appears to have some kind of historical theme.
And while the map changes and new features remain under wraps, the company has released one or two early patch notes.
According to the Fortnite Trello board, update 5.0 will fix a series of long-running Battle Royale and Save the World issues.
This includes a problem with renaming replays in Battle Royale, and Builder Pro Latency in Save the World.
Battle Royale fixes…
• Renaming a replay causes the “Points of Interest” to disappear on the replay timeline (Fixed in next update)
• First win does not grant umbrella (Investigating)
Save the world fixes…
• SeeBot Audio is louder than intended in the “Don’t Blink” event mission (Fixed in next update)
• Builder Pro Latency (Fixed in next update)
– Holding down the “Build” button while using the builder pro layout will sometimes cause the previously selected building pieces to be placed unintentionally
• Tracks cannot be placed in “Deliver the Bomb” missions while using the Builder Pro controller layout (Fixed in next update)
• BR Loading Screen appears when selecting StW from the Game Mode Select Screen (Fixed in next update)
Speaking of Season 5, Epic Games has released a number of official teasers.
Interestingly, fans have pointed out the cat-like figure featured in one of the Season 5 Fortnite tweets looks like the Egyptian goddess Bastet.
A second tweet featured an image of what appears to be a Viking axe.
This backs up the theory that Season 5 will involve different eras from history.