With this week’s important patch, Tencent is bringing PUBG Mobile closer in line with its PC and Xbox One counterpart.
But being on Android and iOS means that there are some changes being made to make it a more enjoyable mobile experience.
There’s also the fact that the game has its own official PC emulator that you can download and play for free.
So what’s changed with PUBG Mobile Update 0.8?
The main draw will be the new Sanhok map, which is set in a dense jungle with a varying landscape.
It should be noted that Sanhok and Miramar have been made separate downloads in the latest update.
This has been done to reduce the size of the app, and help make it easier to update in the future.
To download the new maps, go to the Matchmaking Menu and complete the patching process.
Sanhok offers players a smaller map for more tense combat scenarios and gun battles, as well as new vehicles and weapons.
Tencent has also looked to expand how clans work in PUBG Mobile, something that could be enhanced to work well on phones.
Here’s a quick of the main update highlights:
New Weapons and Vehicles – Sanhok map comes with several new weapons and vehicles, including the Flare Gun, QBZ, Muscle Car and Bulletproof UAZ.
Anti-Cheating Measures – Improved recognition for cheating plug-ins and added report buttons to Spectator Mode, Basic Information, and Results screens.
Season Data – Season page now shows all seasons player and relevant data, including titles, highest tier reached and more.
Gameplay Improvements – Improvements have been made to the chat system, clan rankings, air drop items, friends list.
Tencent Games are currently developing new updates for PUBG Mobile, which has a confirmed 20 million daily active users (not including Japan, Korea and China).
In Season 2, the previous 14-week period of games, more than 130 million players from more than 200 countries earned themselves 864,425,575 chicken dinners.
The future seems bright for the PUBG spin-off, which is getting ever closer to parity with PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on PC.
You can find the full patch notes for the new PUBG Mobile update below:
New Map: Sanhok
- Sanhok can be downloaded independently, so enter the game and get it right away to join your friends in the rainforest!
- Flare Gun: a rare item that calls a super air drop if used within the Playzone, and a Bulletproof UAZ if used outside the Playzone.
- QBZ: an automatic rifle that fires 5.56mm rounds. Has both single shot and full-auto.
- Duckbill: an attachment for shotguns. Reduces vertical spread and increases horizontal spread.
- Muscle Car: 4 seats, and has both a hard-top and a convertible version.
- Bulletproof UAZ: 4 seats. Obtained from using the Flare Gun outside the Playzone.
Customizable Pick-up Settings
- – Pick-up quantities can now be specified in settings.
- – Added more achievements. Now can be found under Missions.
- Clan Perks: after getting specific items (through purchase or luck), the system will award a certain amount of UC for players to share it with other Clan members.
- New Clan titles can be equipped after purchase.
- Clan Rankings: now lists the most active Clans this week and this season.
- – Improved recognition of cheating plug-ins.
- – Added Report buttons to Spectator Mode, Basic Information and Results.
Dismantling Time-Limited Items
- – Time-Limited items can now be dismantled to BP directly.
- – Added a Collect All button to collect rewards of all completed missions.
- – Added new mission types to make progression more fun.
Lucky Air Drops
- – Chance to get a mystery drop after a match. Contents are customised!
- – Season page now shows all seasons played and relevant data such as season titles, the highest tier reached and more.
- Friends can now be deleted in batches.
- 3D models added to vehicle and aeroplane finish previews in the shop.
- Animation on the Season page has been optimised for certain device models.
- Accidental friendly fire will not be penalised.
- Chat system has been tuned.
- Items contained in air drops have been tuned.